Thursday, November 8, 2007

Milestones

Abishai is growing up so quickly that I'm worried if I blink-I'll miss it. He is weaning out naps, opting to sleep 12-13 hours in the night instead, napping once every 3 days or so for about 20 minutes. He's on a nice sleep schedule-in bed between 8-9 and up around the same time the next morning. Last night he sleepily requested "Mama, hold me." So we snuggled all night. His first sentence that he pronounces clear enough for anyone to understand is: "Mama, I wanna nurse." Speaking of weaning and nursing, Abishai breastfeeds on average once a day, usually just at night for a few minutes before migrating to his own spot on the bed and falling asleep on his own. Sometimes he'll nurse for a few minutes (7 or so) in the morning and then say "All done, food?" He rarely asks for it during the day, unless he's very tired or upset.

Watching cartoons is part of his morning routine, it gives me a chance to make some breakfast (today we're having tea and muffins with a bowl of grapes) and check my email. He loves The Backyardigans, Benoo & Toupie and Miss Spider. He isn't allowed to watch the majority of Treehouse programs.

Today our composting worms have arrived! Abishai loves helping Gabo tend to the compost, he laughs as he watches the worms dart around in the soil, not me, I stay far away!

1 comment:

free art is good art said...

whatever do you mean!?!?! you don't want to touch the worms???? lol.

guess what my mom bought for haye?
BACKYARDIGANS TICKETS.
we are GOING to the backyardigans!!!
omg.
amazing.
i'm so excited! i haven't told haye yet because...it's not until like, jan 16 or something and i don't want to get his hopes up for it being like, tomorrow.q